Today’s lunchbox and two snacks:
- Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Apples
- Buffalo Tempeh and Cashew Mayo, rolled up in chard leaf pieces
- Stir fry my husband made the other night
- Grab-And-Go Breakfast Bars from recipe testing for Ricki’s new ebook Top of the Morning: Breakfasts without Sugar, Gluten, Eggs or Dairy, which should be out next month or so.
- Green smoothie with kale, chard, apple, ice, vanilla protein powder and chia seeds
I bought some beautiful Swiss Chard on Monday and it totally inspired me to repurpose my leftovers from Appetite for Reduction into something a little fancy and different. Now I am thinking about dolmas made with Swiss Chard. The rolls were super easy to make. I stemmed one big chard leaf (and threw the stem into my smoothie), cut the leaf into four large pieces and just rolled up half a wedge of the Buffalo Tempeh and some Cashew Mayo into each leaf piece. Even though the contents of my lunchbox were similar to yesterday’s, repurposing them into rolls made it all a bit more fun.
What tricks do you use to repurpose leftovers?
Specific Disclosure: I received this lunchbox container free of charge. My view of this item is not influenced in any way by the fact I received this item free of charge.
General Disclosures & Disclaimers