Sometimes I wonder if my lunches are boring. I did not use to feel that way, but then 6+ months of posting lunchboxes has been thinking about this more often. At this point you all know my quirks – I like spinach smoothies rather than spinach salads when packing to-go, tofu is a favorite lunchtime source of protein (especially Twin Oaks tofu), I alternate between steaming kale and eating it as a raw salad, crispy raw veggies make me happy, as do beans … so yes, basically I feel boring. That said, boring is good, because it means that I can put together lunchboxes fast (and I am lucky my husband is usually willing to chop vegetables, which helps so much with prep). Today’s lunchbox includes lunch and three snacks:
- Super Quick Green Smoothie
- Twin Oaks Tofu, Fine Herbs flavor
- Steamed kale topped with a variation of this white bean recipe, minus the sage
- Raw red pepper and celery
- Carrot Pulp Bread (made with duck eggs and coconut oil instead of chicken eggs and butter)
- Chia Juice Pulp Crackers with Ricki’s Mock Liver Pate – it tastes nothing like liver, but instead if a rich creamy spread with a deep caramelized onion flavor
Ultimately, boring is not just good, it is delicious. That said, I could use a couple of new lunchbox ideas.
Do you ever feel like you are in a lunch boredom rut? Or a food boredom rut in general?
General Disclosures & Disclaimers