As some of you know, one of my favorite comfort scents has always been vanilla. In summer, I often move away from that as I am more into fruits and coconuts. In fact, I rarely wear any sort of comfort or vanilla scent in summer.
So imagine my surprise that the last few weeks, I have had the biggest craving for honey scents, especially to wear at night. Now I generally don’t even like honey scents, and here I am craving honey and milk scents, honey oatmeal and milk scents, honey and almond scents – the last one is the most surprising as I usually like almond once in a great while (and usually for not that long — two days of using an almond scrub generally takes care of the craving), but rarely like honey and almond scents.
I should have seen this new craving starting when I loved my Jeanne’s Bath Shoppe Oatmeal, Milk and Honey soap a couple of months ago. In fact it was the first cold process soap I ever finished (and it was a BIG 5oz bar too!). Of course, just as my obsession kicks in, Jeanne’s is temporarily closed.
Rather than fight it, here are my current favorites in this genre. All of them are paraben-free and sulfate-free and very natural. I figured that since this was a new craving, I might as well only use products that fit with my goal of being as close to 100% natural as possible. If you, like me, thought honey was only a heavy cloying scent, try some of the products below – I am amazed at how light and fresh some of those scents are. Some of these products (like the soaps) I already had in my stash and are rediscovered products, while the Burt’s Bees Honey products are all new to me.
- Wylde Ivy Sweet Oat Soap – A fresh light honey and milk scented soap with some ground oatmeal. For a full review, see here.
- Flour City Bakery Miss Honey Buns Goat’s Milk soap – This is an almond and honey blend, and has less of a milky note. I do think the honey comes out more as I use the soap more.
- 100% Pure Shower Wash in Honey and Vanilla Bean — there is also a Honey and Almond Milk version, but I prefer the Honey and Vanilla Bean. Very sweet and soothing. I have been using this on and off for a while because it is a lovely product, but ever since the honey obsession set in, have finished a whole 16oz bottle!
- Burt’s Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Shea Butter Body Butter — This is one of my new discoveries (this line is new — I started trying it out when I bought the the hand cream, see below and here). It may be the perfect body butter for summer — thick yet very light. The honey scent is very light as well.
- Burt’s Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Crème — This is a heavy honey scent (much heavier than the body butter), but works with my current honey obsession.
- Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm – this is the first lip balm that has made me stray from my beloved Fresh Sugar Lip Balm. It is the same texture as the Fresh product, with a strong honey scent instead of Fresh’s lemony sugary goodness. As far as I can tell, Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm was released sometime in the last year. I like this a lot better than the original Burt’s Bees balm, which was too minty and strong and generally made my lips peel.
I also decided I needed to supplement my honey scent stash, so I am ordered and am waiting on the following products: look for a review of my favorites in Honey Be Good, Part 2
- Distilled Rose’s Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Soap (this is an Etsy site I am trying out for the first time.
- Wylde Ivy HoneyBee Good! Molded Soap and Carrot and Honey Creme Spa Soap
- Coconut Hut’s Big Kahuna butter — CH has a great selection of honey scents, including a L’occitane and a Couvent de Minimes dupe (a wonderful light honey). When I placed my CH scrub order last week during her sale, I ordered a bunch of CH butter samples in the various honey scents she offers. In addition to the dupes, I got Winnie the Pookha, which is a great name (hope the scent is great too), Kitten’s Milk, Oatmeal Milk and Honey and Honey Harvest.
General Disclosures & Disclaimers