I know, I know, I just received this same blog award recently, and yet I am posting it, again. You see, this one was awarded to me by the lovely Literary Jules – a completely-new-to-me blog. The fact that Julie reached out to me totally made my day, especially as apparently she found my blog through reading my Detox Diet Diaries from the summer and found them helpful. So thank you Julie.
Here are 7 new things about me:
1. I recently read The Irregulars: Roald Dahl and the British Spy Ring in Wartime Washington. Yes, the same Roald Dahl who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
2. It was a fascinating book, especially because I recognized so many of the buildings mentioned.
3. I loved the Mad Men Season 3 Finale – especially because it was mainly set at the office, which is my favorite aspect of Mad Men.
4. Speaking of detox diet diaries, which is how Julie found me, I get back to add back in some dairy and wheat this week to do the first phase of allergy testing.
5. I would have thought that making a list of foods with dairy or wheat would be a cinch, but oddly there are only a few things I am truly excited to be eating again.
6. One of them is Ethiopian food (even though teff, the ingredient in injera, is gluten-free, most Ethiopian restaurants tend to use some wheat flour in their injera).
7. The whole elimination diet exercise, combined with the increased energy and well-being I have felt, has been a real learning experience, especially considering I had a fairly healthy diet before starting this journey.
And now, here are 7 blogs you should all go check out:
These ladies all brighten my day and will likely brighten yours too!
General Disclosures & Disclaimers