Ok, so I am not sure how long this photographing my lunch every day thing is going to last. It is an interesting experiment (see here for why). Today’s lunch + 2 snacks is more like lunch + snacks + a small dinner. I am going to a CLE (as in Continuing Legal Education) class tonight after work and knew I needed a lot of food to tide me over until 9pm, which when I will get home.
Incidentally, when I picked this blog name, I totally did not think of the acronym being identical to a legal acronym – this is odd considering lawyers are always complaining about making sure to get their CLEs done.
But back to the food:
- Green smoothie for a mid-morning snack (packed in a clean 16oz jar that used to hold Artisana cashew butter). When I make a green smoothie for breakfast, I usually only want to drink about a third of it, so I pack the other 2/3 in a jar for a snack with a couple of ice cubes. This smoothie was basic: 1.5 cups almond milk, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 4 Tbsps hemp protein, 2 cups spinach, frozen banana chunks (about a banana’s worth) and a few ice cubes.
- Overnight oats (I still owe you my take on those) for a late-afternoon / CLE snack
Wow, one thing is sure – photographing my lunch in the morning sure makes me efficient. You can tell I literally finished making the smoothie seconds before taking this picture (see the foam/bubbles -love the Vita for that).
- Leftover stirfy (made by my husband while I went to yoga last night) with some sweet potatoes and steamed tofu for lunch:
- 1/2 cup of hummus packed with (a variation of this recipe, with less oil)for a late-afternoon / CLE snack
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Sticks and Twigs to have with the hummus
My version of a lunchbox:
Have a wonderful day!