Good morning. Happy Wednesday. Here is today’s lunch + 3 snacks:
- The last bit of the Espinacas con Garbanzos (remember those from yesterday) as well as some bird’s eye beans combined with tomato sauce and basil. This was my second time buying bird’s eye beans but I wanted to try something new instead of making my Pink to Lime beans again. This time I shelled a pound of beans, which yielded about 8oz of beans, boiled them for 25 minutes, drained out the water, and then added the beans to about 3/4 cup of tomato sauce and a handful of chopped basil. These beans are delicious in tomato sauce:
- Cut up carrots and a lone piece of celery, to have with the beans
- A half recipe of Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats. Like yesterday, I used Angela’s recipe and substituted agave for the maple syrup. Today I topped them with organic Sunbutter.
- 2 green smoothies, recipe below
Another Green Smoothie
Makes 2 16oz smoothies plus some extra
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Tbsps Nutiva Protein Powder
- 1 cup collard leaves
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 large banana, frozen (I freeze bananas in large chunks)
- 4 ice cubes
I put the ingredients in that order in the Vita and blended, decided the smoothie was good but that I did not want more than a few sips at breakfast, so packed 2 smoothies with me instead. I had some pumpkin overnight oats for breakfast along with the few sips of green smoothie.
Have a great day!