- Leftover red pepper and hemp seed dressing from Gena’s kale chips recipe
- No, not mayo, but some lemony white bean hummus. It was good but not blogworthy, and I let it process so long in the food processor that it became liquidy.
- Steamed kale, which goes well with either the the dressing or the liquid hummus
- Cut-up red peppers
- A banana blueberry muffin from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, made with duck eggs instead of chicken eggs. This recipe is pretty awesome – the only sweeteners are the bananas and the blueberries.
- Veggie-full Breakfast Hash from more recipe testing for Ricki’s new book Top of the Morning: Breakfasts without Sugar, Gluten, Eggs or Dairy.
I often am asked how I portion out my lunch and snacks. It really depends on the day. I generally eat a late morning snack and a late lunch, and usually snack at some point before dinner time, though not always. Usually I pack lunch and two snacks, but sometimes they great stretched out into lunch and three snacks, or downsized to a snack and lunch. The later usually happens if I am eating lunch at 3 or 4pm, at which point my late morning snack is a far memory and I am starving. I stick to packing lunch and two snacks as much as possible, because I figure I can always bring food home and incorporate it into dinner.
General Disclosures & Disclaimers