A belated Happy Friday. Today’s lunchbox was actually designed for my friend Iris, who blogs over at The Daily Dietribe, where I am guest blogging today. Last fall, Iris and her Gluten-Free Fall Specials Series inspired me to start blogging about lunchboxes on my blog so when we were discussing guest blogging recently, I suggested that I make an Iris-friendly lunchbox tailored to her specific gluten, tree nut, peanut, sugar-free and amine-avoiding diet. The only problem? I live in Washington, DC, so I cannot actually give Iris the packed lunchbox, but I figure she can replicate it in Seattle.
The contents of today’s lunchbox are below, but do head over to Iris’ blog for more details:
- Red peppers and broccoli sauteed in grapeseed oil with garlic, coriander and cumin, and wrapped in half a brown rice tortilla. For tips on how to soften a tortilla, click here.
- Hummus, using my basic recipe, but swapping lemon juice for lime and with the addition of a quarter teaspoon of cumin to complement the lime and give the hummus a Southwestern flair.
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Carrots, a slice of raw red pepper and some celery (the celery is hidden by the other vegetables).
- Cinnamon vanilla sunbutter, which is a combination of Organic Sunbutter (completely sugar- and salt-free). a pinch of sea salt, a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia and a pinch of cinnamon. .
- General Disclosures
- Specific Disclosure regarding Laptop Lunchbox: I received this lunchbox container free of charge. My view of this item is not influenced in any way by the fact I received this item free of charge
General Disclosures & Disclaimers