Considering it has been almost exactly a month since I shared my sunrise wishes, I thought it would be only fair that I post an update, especially considering I have gone to 8 yoga classes at 7am since then, which have given me an enormous sense of accomplishment considering I do not like to work out first thing in the morning.
And then I realized this was my 1000th post. Considering I let my four-year blogiversary go by quietly, I could not let the 1000th post go by. So the yoga update is for another day.
One thousand. That sounds impossible. I guess that is what happens when you blog for four years (somewhat) consistently. Here are a few more numbers:
- 3270 comments from all of you – that number is actually more exciting to me than the 1000 posts. It is also why I will never switch blogging platforms, despite Blogger’s meltdown a few days ago, because migration of comments is not fool proof, and I do not want to lose all the wonderful comments from all of you.
- 2 blog name changes, which means 2 URL changes, and many broken links I am still fixing when I come across them
- 37 pearls of wisdom – a project I started in 2009 that had many wonderful guest contributions. I have been toying with revisiting this project.
- 187 posts on mindful living
- 163 lunchboxes
- 160 recipes – about half are very slight adaptations, but another half are more extensive adaptations, and there are a few that I consider original
Thank you for reading as I made it to the first thousand posts. I so appreciate your comments, tweets, emails and support.