The day after Thanksgiving, I had a scant quarter cup leftover from making two batches of Kim’s Apple Cranberry Sauce and my Grain-Free Cranberry Sage Dressing so I decided to try a cranberry chocolate smoothie that morning, before heading to the office. It turned out wonderfully refreshing yet complex. Also, for a smoothie, it had a very festive, special taste. Perfect for the holidays!
Cranberry Chocolate Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free) – Serves 1 to 2 people
- 1 cup unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Warrior Blend)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1-2 cups raw spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (I really like the wild organic frozen blueberries from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup cranberries, frozen or fresh
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Stevia or other sweetener to taste (I skipped using any as the Warrior Blend has stevia in it)
- Shredded coconut (or coconut flakes) and/or dried cranberries, for topping
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth (note, if using an non-high-speed blender, you may want to first blend the spinach with the non-dairy milk before adding the remaining ingredients).
I am submitting this recipe to several blog events: