How.is.it.Wednesday.already? Nevermind – I am determined to do my weekly recaps weekly, instead of them turning into monthlies like December did, so here is the recap for the first week of 2012:
- I forgot it was the first week of 2012 until January 8, probably because of way too much busy-ness. I remembered amidst Urban Women’s Yoga Retreat I attended on Sunday, which was a nice break in a working weekend.
- Celebrated New Year’s Day with reflecting on 2011 and thinking about 2012 through art journaling, brunch at Open City Diner (review of past visit – yum tofu scramble as you can seem from the picture just above) and a yoga class
- Shared some thoughts on creating and fostering new habits
- Shared recipes for Romaine Kale Salad and and Quinoa Buckwheat Pilaf (incidentally, they go well together)
- Wrote an ode to breakfast in Breakfast Bias, including lots of ways to reclaim breakfast if you do not like breakfast.
- In addition to yoga at the short retreat I attended, I also went to two 7 am yoga classes and fit in three jaunts to the gym for time on the elliptical (I tally my movement time Monday to Sunday, but this recap is Sunday to Sunday this week otherwise).
And that was my first week of 2012. I still do not have resolutions either. If 11 for 2011 is any indication, those will finally percolate by February.
How were your first weeks of 2012?
General Disclosures & Disclaimers